Subject: Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Office Staff
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR FINANCIAL AID OFFICE STAFF
Students should be aware that personnel working in the Financial Aid Office of Amberton University have not been implicated in any investigations into prohibited practices in the student loan industry.
· Does not have any revenue sharing agreements with lenders.
· Has not accepted any offers of funds from lenders to be used for private educational loans in exchange for processing federal or private loans for a particular lender.
· Has not received gifts of stock or other financial compensation from lenders in return for service on the advisory board of a lender.
· Does not have staff who serve on any lender advisory boards.
· Prohibits staff from accepting gifts from a representative of a student loan provider. Gifts include meals, travel, lodging, entertainment, and in-kind services.
· In addition, Amberton University will not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid, including Tuition Assistance Funds, to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
· In the recruitment of students, Amberton prohibits high pressure recruitment tactics, such as, but not limited to making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollment or securing financial aid funds.